1. The Shaykh mentioned that there is no Khutbah after Salatul Kusuf (eclipse) however there should be an admonition, and this admonition should direct the people to make istighfaar, duaa and give sadaqah.
2. The Shaykh mentioned that if the people came to Salatul Kusoof (eclipse) late and the Imaam was finished but there was still time to pray before the Kusoof (eclipse) then it is ok for the people to form a second Jamah (congregation).
3. The Shaykh mentioned that it is okay for the Imaam to lead the people in Salatul Kusoof (eclipse) holding the Mushaf, because it is similar to Salatul Taraweeh
4. Shaykh Fawzaan mentioned that when the Imaam raises his hands in supplication during the khutbah for Istisqaa (supplicating for rain) the people who are listening are also permitted to raise their hands in supplication.
5. The Shaykh mentioned that kusoof (eclipse) only happened once during the life of the
Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and it was the kusoof of the shams (sun).
6 The Shaykh mentioned that the appearance of the Kusoof signifies that it is a time for Ibaadah (worship) and the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم use to become fearful during its appearance that the last hour would be established.
7. The Shaykh mentioned that even though there is some differing concerning the way salatul kusosf is performed, that there must be a position which the people view as a position which is stronger, and it is the position that coincides with the narrations of Aisha and Ibn Abaas رضي الله عنهما that salatul Kusoof is performed as a two segment prayer (two rakaat) with two rukoo (bowing) and two sajdahs (prostration) for each rakah which totals 4 rukoos and 4 sajdah for the salah.
8. The Shaykh mentioned that it has been clarified that Kusoof (eclipse) doesn’t happen because of the death or birth of an individual as some people claim but rather it is an ayah (sign) from the Ayaat (signs) of Allah as the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم mentioned in his authentic narrations which is collected by Imam Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad.
A side benefit: The Shaykh warned about Ghish (deception) He said it is from the major sins and found in most of the people except upon those whom Allah shows mercy.
Source: Class notes of Al Muntaqaa written by Sh.Abdus Salaam Ibn Taymiyah Al Haraanee explained by Sh.Saalih Al Fawzaan.
Class date: 24th Dhul Hijjah 1435/18th October 2014
Translated and Compiled by Abuabdilmaalik Abdulhaqq Ibn Islaam.